Transfer procedures for international students

A student in F-1 or J-1 status may transfer to a different school before or after completion of a program at the current school. To be eligible for transfer a student must maintain status at all times and follow the transfer procedures as prescribed by INS and USIA.

Steps to follow when applying for transfer:

F-1 students:

 J-1 students:

Enroll in Virginia Tech in the first term available after leaving your previous school, or the first term after vacation (if you plan to enroll in the fall semester. It is essential that you follow these procedures in order to maintain your legal non-immigrant status in the U.S.